Thursday, January 8, 2009

The worst book I've ever read

Is The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

I bought this book a few weeks ago, I read the back and it sounded interesting.
-A man and his son who try to survive in a dystopia. Something happened and the world is now crazy and rotten. They're always hungry and cannibals are on the loose. They start up north and make their way down south-
The book got good reviews and the cashier said it was good, so I was like 'ok! can't wait to read it!
The book was really depressing, seriously it makes you want to kill yourself and you wish the characters were dead. You don't know anything about the man or the son (they don't even have names), what happened, why they're going south, nothing! The same stuff happens over and over again- they're hungry, they find food, the dad kills someone, that's it. Here the only dialogue in the book
I'm hungry
I know
I'm cold
I know
Are we going to die
I don't know

Imagine reading that for 300 pages...
In fact, they don't use question marks and one sentence, the author writes don't and the next dont. I was like 'is this guy French or what?'

The story was so bad, I didn't finish the book , that never happens, I always finish a book. I skipped to the end and found out what happened and thought 'ok...'

I highly regret buying his book and don't recommend reading it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely French :D

Anonymous said...

My cousin had bought a box of multiple-flavoured beans, and presented it to me. He pointed at the licorice beans and said "These are really good! Try these!". I said "I hate licorice! You like it?". "No." he responded.

Conclusion: the cashier told you the book was good in order to get rid of that god-forsaken unsellable creation.

Gatito said...

Yeah, probably :P The book won a lot of awards and they're going to make a movie from the book. Confusing...