Thursday, March 12, 2009

Flaunting (and other random stuff)

Some things that have happened made me think today during a boring shift at work about gay pride. Many (close-minded) heterosexuals especially in the US complain how gays and lesbians flaunt their sexuality with rainbow stickers and gay-related shirts, gay pride parades, and other items. They claim that we're looking for sex and that if we want equality we shouldn't do this. Right... well the point of this is to show we have pride for who we are and to tell other people they're not alone.

'Why do gay people feel the need to flaunt their sexuality when you never see straight people do that?' Oh really? You never see straight people doing this? Whenever I go out here, you see guys holding hands with their girlfriends, kissing in public, showing off their wedding rings, have straight-targeted advertisements/commercials, have shirts like 'remember my name because you'll be screaming it later', and pretty much fucking each other in public while if an average joe sees two guys holding hands all hell breaks lose. I know this 'straight flaunting' isn't intentional, but they're still flaunting it. I really hate when people say 'I don't care if you're gay as long as you don't show it in public' Does it seriously fucking matter at the end of the day that we're gay? Does it effect your life in the smallest bit?

Another reason for some by wearing lgbt related stuff is to let other people know they're gay/bi. Some of us get really sick of the opposite coming up and flirting with us :P If a gay guy goes up to a straight guy and flirts with him, he'll get upset and will probably punch him... That makes me think of something else. Why are guys so much more uptight about gay guys than straight girls are with lesbians? By that I mean, girls don't mind if another girl flirts with them or even are more willing to experiment with another girl. Two straight girls hold hands in public, hug each other, sit on each other's lap. Guys, nooooo. If I go up to a guy and flirt with him, he'll probably say 'I'm not gay, fuck you, you're sick, walks away'. Guys barely make physical contact with each other. Are most of them uncomfortable with their sexuality and are secretly gay but are too afraid to let others know by being close with another guy? From my experience, if a guy at work finds out that I'm gay he'll probably quit or tease me by saying that I want him (it's really disgusting when the guy is terribly ugly and just gross, yes this has happened!). Ummm, don't flatter yourself, I can get better guys than you. Maybe they feel their masculinity is threatened by gay guys?

And another thing! Why do people say 'You're not gay, you just haven't found the right girl yet (or guy if directed to a lesbian)'? UGHGHHGHHH. You can just say 'well maybe just you haven't found the right guy/girl yet' 'I'm not attracted to the same sex' *shoots self up with heroin*
Even more annoying, especially for lesbians, when a guy tells them they can convert them. Or when they say 'you're lesbian because you haven't found me yet' 'Ooooh you sex god, make me straight!'


A thing that made me sad today.
I was at my lgbt club today and one of the girls in their said that her gay friend and his husband who were married in California might be forced to get a divorce and get their sons taken away from the government (I don't know if the details are 100% correct, but it was something like this). Ughhh, I hate the Right.

Sorry, if this might have come out heterophobic, I was just mad about certain stuff*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right
Im STRAIGHT
and have nothing against gay people

But guys make such a Fuss about "Stuff"
2 Straight girls kiss infront of them and they're cute
not to mention its cute even if they're lesbians

Males are considered DOMINANT(sarcastic)
Im not saying they aren't. But they are not dominant EVERYWHERE.

THe Gay issue is mainly due to the male thinking of what the female might think.
Ex- A guy flirts with you and if you acknowledge him, your girlfriend might think you are gay
So this makes the guy feel Threathened......

Girls on the other hand have no such feelings and its more comfortable